Jen's Blog

Lightning strikes a symbol cloud. Suddenly everything we've ever known as truth falls to the ground. It seeps in and slowly begins to regenerate fresh ideas. Such things has only the immortal Redwood seen time after time after time after time after time after time -Jen Meharg '06

Thursday, January 06, 2011


365-day 6.
Today I felt like drawing something simple and something I know.
I've been drawing this type of rose since I was about 13. It's gone through a lot of changes throughout the years, but it still remains my go to doodle.
The figure is much more recent. Based on gesture drawings, it made it's first appearance in 2006.
It feels good to combine them... kind of like one of my old friends meets one of my new friends, and they really get along. The best thing is that drawings don't get bitchy and turn against you :).

1 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

~I'm enjoying this, very much~
I love comfort drawings~which are more powerful than you may think~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home